How much does the course cost?
The course will be offered at the regular price of $198.00.
I do limit the class size, so that you get all the support and attention that you need. In the past, the Make Monotype course has sold out very quickly. You may want to register early so that you are sure to get a place in the class.
When does the class start?
- The next session begins January 12, 2015.
- Registration opens on Friday, November 14th @ 8:00 AM EST
How is the content delivered?
Great question. Each day you will receive an email with the link to the private classroom. There you will find written text and a video of the day’s lesson.
I believe that the best way for you to improve your printmaking skills is to print a lot. So the videos are short and meant to inspire you to action. If you want to get a feel for my style of video you can watch this video on supplies.
Questions can be asked and answered in the classroom or on the private Facebook Group. The Facebook Group is a rich supportive resource that I suggest you become a part of, but it is not required.
It is quite simple to be part of the group. You just need a personal profile, and then I can add you to the group. There is no need to “friend” people.
What if I want to use a gelli plate, or supplies that I have on hand and not the supplies on the list?
- I have designed a course that will allow you to create powerful detailed and shaped images with ink on smooth fabric. To do this process I believe that you should use the materials that I suggest on the supply list.
- I have tested many inks, paints and types of plate for this monotype process. I am very excited to share with you what if feel will give you the most control over the media and the most striking results.
What type of computer or online skills do I need to participate?
- You will need high speed internet access so that you can stream videos.
- All group conversations will be on a private Facebook page. You do not have to join the Facebook group, but it will contain valuable discussions and learning. To be part of the private group you do need to have a personal Facebook profile.
- It is very helpful if you know how to upload pictures, if you want feedback on your specific work
How are payments handled?
Paypal and major credit cards through pay pal.
Who is this class for?
MAKE Monotypes is for anyone who wants to explore the possibilities of Monotype printmaking on a glycerin and gelatin plate with ink on fabric.
You can be a newbie or a seasoned printmaker, quilter, fiber artist, digital artist, mixed media artist, printmaker who does not have a press, art teacher, or art therapist.
You will benefit from this course as long a you are willing to experiement and let go of some control.
Does the class meet at a certain time?
After the daily videos and lessons are released, you will be able to access the information at any time that is convenient to you.
Does it matter what part of the world am I in?
You can be where you are and that is perfect. I am on the East Coast of the United States.
How much time is required each day?
Hmmm. Required is a strong word. You get out of it what you put into it. So that said, nothing is ever required, but to learn what I have to offer I would think that you would want to set aside 5 hours a week experiment and print.
Due to the nature of this process you will probably print 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of hours at a time. The other days may be for tool making or design inspiration.
How long will I have access to the materials?
You will be able to download all material so that you could access them for as long as you would like.
The Make Monotypes private classroom will remain available to you for 6 months after the class ends. The private Facebook group could be active for as long as participants choose.
What happens after I register for the course?
- Thank-You and Welcome!
- Very shortly you will receive more information about gathering your supplies.
- Shortly before the day that class begins you will receive password and access to the class website, and Facebook page.